here's how I got started...

here's how I got started...
a 20 minute podcast by Crazy BeYOUtiful

Friday, November 7, 2008

I didn't have an idea for a post today...

until I read Caroline's blog this morning...

When I was teaching in Texas, I mentioned that the Maya Road jewels could be made any color by applying Alcohol inks. Caroline showed that on her blog today. And...she also colored the new jewel topped pins. COOL!

So...taking it in a little bit different direction...by applying the alcohol ink MIXATIVES...you can also make them silver & gold...and OPAQUE for another look.




On the top is the original version...below left is the silver mixative and on the right is the gold.

So...not only can you make them any custom transparent color to coordinate with any project, they can also look like this.

And a reminder...if the color isn't a match, just remove it with the Alcohol Blending solution & try again.

Just what I like...quick & oh so simple! I think I better try the pearl & the copper mixatives next...hmmm.

Now...not only am I looking for things to use with those addicting Cuttlebug embossing folders...I'm looking for things to alcohol ink...

I'm off to the grocery then I'll come home to...

Make ART!
wendy

5 comments:

Marlis said...

what a great tip to share. thanks I forget that i can color just about anything.... and to add to this, sponging the ink on several times gives a very vintage look...

Linda M. Cain said...

Don't ya just love all that those inks can do!
Great job!
Linda

D's Paper Studio said...

okay..I just left a note with Tim about his new stamps and now I'm going to have to hit up the same LSS for the mixatives. Cool

Linda Beeson said...

I saw you posted to my thread at 2 peas about the Carson stamp convention. You mentioned Tim's new stamps, will you have some too!?

Sudie said...

Hold the phone! this is awesome! thanks for sharing. I definately am trying this one.