here's how I got started...

here's how I got started...
a 20 minute podcast by Crazy BeYOUtiful

Friday, May 8, 2009

studio 490 sightings and a few random things...

What a thrill it is for me to see studio 490 stamps used by others...

On my lunch break yesterday, I popped over to the Hero Arts blog & found these cards...done by Lin...

This one immediately caught my attention...
I loved the pastels & the layout too...
It's simple & so VERY effective...

and of course...
I LOVED her choice of studio 490 stamps!
This card could be used for any occassion, just by changing the sentiment...



Then I spotted my leaves...on another...
How COOL...





and another color scheme below...
Thanks Lin! GREAT cards!!




Next...more art from Lynne Forsythe...
We attended Ranger U together, the first time I went...
You've seen her art here before...


She used my stamps with Copic markers to make this awesome journal page...




Here's a better look...what WONDERFUL colors...





Thanks for sharing LYNNE!! I LOVE IT!


Like the infomercial says...


But wait... there's more...

This is from my friend Daisy Sparks...she's the mom of cute Samantha...

and owner of eclectic Paperie...

These cards are just amazing...



She has a you-tube video showing how to make great...simple backgrounds with alcohol inks...

check it out....then go shopping @ eP!
I bet you'll need some alcohol inks and maybe a new stamp or 2...
Hey...it's NOT my fault! Blame Daisy!!
I'm just the messenger!

The tree stamp is one of the most popular, from release #2...
I may be a bit prejudice...but I love it...go figure...

Here's a tree tip...
Turn it upside down & use just a portion of it to make a cool border...

I've said it before...
my goal when designing my stamps is to make them VERSATILE...

Hmmmm...What else???

About all the BIRD requests...

YIKES!! I guess you guys like birds too!
My mailbox was LOADED!!

After I'm done teaching the "build a better bird class"...I'll offer any leftovers to my blog friends here...

but first I want anyone who takes this class to have the opportunity to get a spare...
Believe me...they are really a FUN project!
You can't make just one!

And speaking of alcohol inks...
did you know that just a few drops of the blending solution on a paper towel will quickly & easily clean your acrylic stamp blocks?
It's a quick cleaner for your craft sheet too...

And this is NOT sanctioned by Ranger...
but...
I wanted a small container for traveling, for my eyeglass cleaner.

I found that the mini mister is just PERFECT!!

I mentioned this is a class & one gal had been looking for something for her perfume...yep...try the mini mister...

just watch where you spray it...

I put a tiny red dot on it, so that I could see it without my glasses. PERFECT!

And I heard this in a class...
again...not from Ranger, but a student...

She found that Ranger's bubblegun stamp cleaner reactivates the Cricut cutting mats...

I was amazed...but everyone in the class already knew it.
She said she mists the mat...then takes the craft scraper & gently scraps the mat & somehow MAGICALLY the mat seems to last longer. Interesting...

DISCLAIMER...I have not tried this...but others have...

That's it for today...

We're off on a road trip...to visit some antique stores...I can't wait! I LOVE treasure hunts and so does Rick...
I hope he buys lunch!

We need a day out & I NEEEEED more stuff so I can...

make art!
wendy
ps...I hope your weekend is sunny, fun & full of ART!

3 comments:

D's Paper Studio said...

Great art and fun tips Wendy. I signed up for the Build a Better Bird class yesterday. So I guess I'll be there for the whole event! How can I not be. It's only weeks away and I'm so looking forward to be on the learning end of a class.

carpediem said...

Thanks for sharing the great tips Wendy!

Lin said...

Just a note, Wendy, to say thanks for featuring my cards. Nice to see them somewhere else besides the Hero site!! I do love that branch of dotted leaves!! Your line is new to me, hadn't seen it before the Akron Stamper's Convention, and when I spied it, I scooped it right up!!