here's how I got started...

here's how I got started...
a 20 minute podcast by Crazy BeYOUtiful

Tuesday, May 26, 2009

take 10 on tuesday for...

some..."perfect" stamping...

That's what I'm calling this technique, because Ranger's Perfect Pearls are the key ingredient.

This is a take off of tim's "wrinkle free distress" technique.
One of the MANY I got to learn @ Ranger U.

You may remember this post, where I HAD to get up @ 2am to try an idea...
I couldn't wait to see if it would work.

By adding just one more step...to the above post
you get another look...

Here's the supplies you'll need to play along...

*manilla tag
*Inkssentials non stick
craft sheet
*heat it tool
*mini mister with water
*distress inks…
faded jeans, black soot, walnut
*blending tool with foam pad
*sunflower sparkle Perfect Pearls
*gold paint dabber

* the background stamp is from the studio 490 set “forever art

READY... SET...

Let's make art...

* Working on the craft sheet, ink the entire tag using faded jeans distress ink & the blending tool. Always work from the craft sheet, onto the tag in a circular motion to get perfectly blended backgrounds.

*It should look like this...





*Take an empty Mini Mister, dip the tip of a craft stick into the sunflower sparkle Perfect Pearls to pick up a small amount of powder.

*Drop the PP into the Mini Mister & add water up the last “R” in Ranger.
Shake to mix. Now you have a shimmer mist.

*Swipe the walnut distress ink pad and the black soot pad onto the craft sheet & mist with enough Perfect Pearls/water mixture to create beads of ink.
The inky area should be larger than the background stamp and should look like this...




* Using the background stamp, stamp into the mixture & then stamp onto the tag.
Repeat until the tag is covered with the background stamp.

*Dry with the heat it tool.

* Here's the result...you may want to click for a larger photo.
It's much cooler in person...
I had a hard time getting a decent photo, because of the shimmer.



* I hope you can see that the Perfect Pearls are only where the stamping is. So, instead of misting the whole tag with Perfect Pearls, you can control exactly where the pearls are placed.

* I like it!

*Another plus...once mixed with water, Perfect Pearls are set...no special fixative is needed & you won't be "wearing" glitter!

* Try this too...oops...
I'll save that for another day...

*I'm off to add an edge with the gold paint dabber...and then maybe a...???

grungepaper flower...(the grungepaper is in stock as of this morning!)

It's your turn to try "perfect" stamping...
let me know how you did!

I'd LOVE to see your results!

Remember...
It's really fun to...

make art!
wendy


4 comments:

Art By Wanda said...

Way cool!!!! Yep, I'm gonna go try :-))

Judy Hayes said...

Great technique, Wendy!
Smiles.....

Evelyn S. said...

Great technique, Wendy! Here's my first ....no, make that third...attempt. The first two PP/ink combos were too dark.

http://tiny.cc/DBBfv

Thanks for the inspiration.

Bobbey said...

Wendy,

I'm glad you revisited this technique, it's great! It used to frustrate me to no end as I wasn't using a BOLD enough stamp for it to work well, so I made my very own twist on this. Hope you don't mind! Actually I've got TWO twists.
1) Load a finer background stamp with Ranger's Big N Juicy pads (Hydrangea is my fave, but any will do and then take that mini mister and SPRAY THE STAMP. Spray it good but not so that it runs, then stamp it! Makes for very pretty text backgrounds! Just be sure to clean your stamp between impressions otherwise your Big N Juicy pad will shimmer. Hmmmmm? Is that a bad thing??

2)My second variation is that I used that same Big N Juicy to swipe on my craft mat then did the rest of your technique as described. Nice spectrum of colors and easy peasy.

Thanks for inspiring such great ideas.