here's how I got started...

here's how I got started...
a 20 minute podcast by Crazy BeYOUtiful

Monday, March 31, 2008

689 miles = fun & friends @ FKS


I've been thinking about this post ALL day and think I'll just list the FACTS...
1. Nancy & Timi ( see above) and the entire staff @ FKS treated us like royalty. Actually, it was better than royalty...more like FAMILY. From the bottom of my heart...THANK YOU ALL!!!!!!! You guys are WONDERFUL!
..........................................
2. Nancy W, store manager is an absolute DOLL and extremely funny! Thanks so much for the invite and for all you did to get ready for our visit. Oh wait...she brought us a St Louis specialty...GOOEY BUTTER CAKE...low cal, I'm sure. NOT!! To die for good...
..........................................
3. EVERY person we encountered in the store made sure we had everything we needed for successful classes. They were ALL very kind, sweet & funny. The TEAMwork is very obvious & I'm sure that explains the store's SUCCESS. Special thanks to Alita, Missy & Sue...
..........................................
4. Our students were GREAT!!
..........................................
5. 27 learned all about distress inks on Saturday.
.........................................
6. 25 made Linda's cool framed houses. Each was unique & they all looked GREAT!
.......................................
7. Our students were WONDERFUL.
.......................................
8. I had my own PERSONAL announcer. THANK YOU Cindy! GREAT JOB!!
.......................................
9. 16 made Maya Road's Keepsake cube with a grungeboard butterfly and a glass/grunge bud vase on Sunday. Both projects were a hit. They LOVE the grunge now too!
......................................
10. 17 made adorable fragments books. They ALL got an "A" for ADORABLE.
.....................................
11. I had my own personal driver! THANKS to CECILE. She got the award for the longest distance driven to take the classes...500 miles ONE WAY ! WOW!!
.....................................
12. Our students were SHOPPERS! The Stampers Anonymous trunk show was a HUGE success. We SOLD out & we had to take special orders!
....................................
13. Our students LOVED Maya Road too! Sold out all the Heart & Home tins & LOTS more! Special orders there too! I noticed when I was leaving that the muffin tin holding the trinkets metal flowers was looking pretty empty.
...................................
14. Ranger's blending tool was the hit of the technique class. That baby makes ALL the difference in blending. I think "spritz & flick" was the favorite technique.
...................................
15. We had a WONDERFUL weekend!
...................................
16. Whenever I ever hear anything about the GRAND CANYON, I will think of you Timi! It still makes me laugh!
...................................
17. Took my camera...you got it...NO photos...but check Sue's photos to see some.
...................................
18. I think they liked us...we're invited back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thanks again EVERYONE!!
wendy
ps...HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MR. STAMPERS ANONYMOUS...Yep...today is Ted's birthday!

11 comments:

D's Paper Studio said...

This is a fabulous journal of your trip. I'm glad you had a great time.

Please tell Ted Happy Birthday from Debby, from South Carolina. Hopefully, he'll remember me.

Rachel Greig said...

Great to hear your weekend went so well! Sounds like you had a ball!!!!! How can you NOT? Grunge, distress, friends, art.... great combination!

Margie Higuchi said...

OMGosh! What great fun you all had! Totally jealous...must try & go to one!

Took a peek at Sue's pictures...HOW MUCH FUN CAN ONE HAVE?! LOL!!

Linda M. Cain said...

It could not have been more fun!!
I am so glad I asked them to invite you to come, too. We made a great team.
Linda...the other half of the Dynamic Duo!

Glee-scrap said...

I'm happy for you & Linda, that you had a fun and successful weekend!
Let me in on what "spritz & flick" is....oh, pleeeeeze?

missy j said...

We miss you already! I am soo happy I had the opportunity to meet you guys and learn some great things...yep, light bulb, moments! I spent another couple of hours distressing today and finally finished my houses. My project looks great, if I say so myself.
i too, missed the "spritz & flick". I suppose I'll catch that next time.
Thanks for coming.
Looking forward to our next visit!
Missy

borcherding said...

Awwwww.....I'll be your personal announcer ANY DAY, ANY WHERE!!!! Thank YOU for such a wonderful weekend!! I can't wait for the Fall to see you again! peace and blessings, Cindy

Penny in Missouri said...

Wendy,
You and Linda ROCK!!! Such a fun day of art!! Love the techniques class and the houses--can't stop looking at both. Inspired me to make some cards--your techniques and Linda's houses--YUM!! Can't wait until to both come back! Penny in Missouri

Georgia said...

Thank you so much for coming to the store. I had an amazing time and I learned so much. I have been playing with the distress inks since I came home on Sunday. I can't wait for you to come back!!

Georgia in IL

PS. Yes, my husband golfed on Sunday. He played 18 holes and won some money in the tourney so I guess leaving a bit early was a good thing. Now I can buy more stuff. LOL

D's Paper Studio said...

Wendy...I recieved your RAK/gift today. I was singing "I got Maya Road YEA, I got Maya Road YEA, I got Maya Road Yea" My son thought I had lost it. No one, No one carries Maya Road around here and what you sent with Michelle's wonderfully outstanding gift was a piece of heaven. Thank you so very much.

Gretz said...

Sounds like you had a SUPER Time.

Thank you so much for the stamps and mayaroad chipboard book which arrived today :-)