here's how I got started...

here's how I got started...
a 20 minute podcast by Crazy BeYOUtiful

Wednesday, August 19, 2009

finishing yesterdays post

SORRY...BAD blogger here...

I neglected to show the finished stream/marmalade piece from yesterday and you sure let me know! HA!

Forgive me...
I'm OLD & obviously getting senile...YIKES!

I actually did take a photo...but it was blurry...
I intended to take another... I just forgot!
BUT...

Ask & you shall receive.


got this question...
You told us about the dotty paper, but who makes the yellow paper you used?

That's a scrap left over from the pigments & pearls tutorial I did last week. I very lightly stamped on it with butterscotch pigment ink, using the script stamp.

Ok...this is from yesterday too...

and the question...
do you have any suggestions for jazzing up wood frames like you used? I have a very hard time getting the paper on there straight & wrapping doesn't work like they say.

Here's how I finished mine...


I painted it with a light coat of picket fence crackle paint, let it dry...then inked it with faded jeans distress ink...

Then, using jet black archival ink, I inked my text stamp...
layed it on my table, rubber side up then

and placed the frame on the stamp, using the line on the stamp as a guide (to get it straight) & pushed,
repeat on the other 3 sides.
Heat set the ink...

I think it's nice finishing touch.

Just choose any background stamp that coordinates with your art.
It's another reason why I like LARGE background stamps.

This one made me laugh...
do you actually have to haul all your supplies on a plane? I can't imagine how one person could.

GOD NO!
That's why we are on a first name basis with the
fine folks @ Fed-Ex.
We shipped 6 boxes to Waco, Texas for this weekends classes...
The total weight was over 130 pounds.
BUT...I'll still have 2 FULL bags with me.

This email just came...

Please tell me how I will know when to use grungeboard & when grungepaper is better.

I'll be back tomorrow with that one.
Gotta track those Texas boxes & there are a few more things that NEED to be done TODAY.

Stay tuned...and...
I hope you can
make art!
wendy

10 comments:

Unknown said...

I have two words ... stunning and stunninger ... I did n't say they were both real words now did I?

carpediem said...

Well worth the wait!!! As usual, just awesome! Looking forward to your comments re....use of grungeboard/grungepaper!

Melody (lacyquilter) said...

The flower is STILL gorgeous and I love the finished frame - cool bling. Thanks for the tip on finishing the sides. I love large bg stamps too.

slbt17 said...

beautiful!
sandra

Hels Sheridan said...

You said... make ART...I just did...actually, it took allllll day....but it is TOTALLY inspired by you...and I agree with Linda ...she said your art is stunninger...I say it is superbillar..see, we peeps in the UK have a fine command of the English language LOL Thanks for sharing Wendy...you just keep on giving me ideas ... so many many thanks :O)) Hels x

Susan said...

Love the full pics even better! Thanks for sharing the tips on frames. Love these color combos.
Susan

Art By Wanda said...

LOL I thought you were juut teasing us and making us wait to see the whole projects... never crossed my mind that you forgot. Beautiful!!!

Scrapthat said...

Thanks for the added pic Wendy!
Fabulous looking! I love your frame also with the text...very cool! TFS and inspiring!!
:)

Unknown said...

Love the full pics even better!
--
Jenifer
Professional Monitering security systems for Homes, Offices & Appartments

Cyndy C. said...

These frames are fantastic! I may get the courage to try one, but of course, it won't look as great as yours. The colors you used, the techniques and the flower are terrific!

Thanks you for all you do, Wendy.

Cyndy