here's how I got started...

here's how I got started...
a 20 minute podcast by Crazy BeYOUtiful

Monday, August 17, 2009

a MILLION Stampers Anonymous stamps?

Did that get your attention?

FINALLY...I can spill the beans...
This has been "in the works" for a bit.

Picture this...
Ted, Michelle & my favorite cute Cutts kids (I HOPE!)...
load a SEMI with Stampers Anonymous stamps...
then...
drive from Cleveland to???????

For Keeps Sake in St. Louis!!

Ted & Michelle only have time for a TRUCK sale once or twice a year...
because they're REALLY busy @ conventions most weekends...

so if you're close to St. Louis...lucky YOU...
or far away, but NEED some rubber shopping...
or want an arty getaway...

SAVE THE DATE!
The CUTTS crew be there on
Saturday September 26 & Sunday the 27th with a million...

ok...maybe not a million...
but LOTS of Stampers Anonymous stamps.

I admit...
I have LOTS of rubber...
but just seeing this many SA stamps in one place makes my heart race!

Given the choice of a new car or 100 new stamps...
I'll take my rubber cling/wood mounted...thank you.
SERIOUSLY!!

And lucky me too...
They invited me to come...

to sign BOOKS...

and to teach a workshop...

YIPPEE!

Here's the workshop project ...
I showed a tiny peek last week...




I'll be doing this workshop first @ Scrapbook Friend'z in Bloomington, Illinois, on September 12th...

then the following weekend @ Prairie Art Stamps, in Springfield, Illinois...

and then the following weekend in St. Louis.

Each drive is just a little further away...
1 hour for Bloomington, 2 for Springfield & 4 for St. Louis.

I HATE to drive...but for friends & stamps...
NO PROBLEM!

I'm sentimental about the TRUCK sale too...
that's how I first met Ted & Michelle...
and that's how this whole art adventure started for me...

Just thinking about ALL that rubber makes me want to go and...

make art!
wendy




18 comments:

Sharon Margiotta said...

Wow ... how fun will that be!! and what a way to celebrate your whole new life adventure! wish I could be there!

KAT said...

Wendy this is really beautiful! I am living your rose leaves - I gotta get me some of those!

Debby said...

A million stamps!!! I want to take your class on Sept 12 but if I can't for some reason my daughter is going to St. Louis for college this year and I may have to make a road trip! That might be a fun thing to do.

scrappin-scrappin said...

Wow, how fun for you! Wish it was closer so I could go! Sounds like you will be super busy!!!

Unknown said...

It sounds heavenly apart from the fact that it is in the wrong continent ... I am just going to have to tell John we are moving to the US ... Wish me luck!

The colours on that piece are beautiful, mind you so is the compilation ... you are such a great inspiration Wendy ... Now be a real buddy and tell the truck driver not to stop until he reaches the UK *LOL*

Melody (lacyquilter) said...

This is fabulous! Wish I could come to your class.

carpediem said...

Another beautiful project! Would love to be able to take the class! Is it possible that the SA truck may get lost and head north instead?!!!

Andrea said...

OMG< I would be in total HEAVEN!!! It would be a great weekend - it's my birthday! Can't come though, a little far from south FL. Thoroughly enjoy it and the class!!!

borcherding said...

WHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT??!! You are gonna be in St.Louis and you didn't tell me sooner?? The class better not be sold out!! Gotta check out their website and see when sign-ups are gonna me! LOVE LOVE LOVE the project!!! And you will definitely have your book??? OMG!!

Hels Sheridan said...

Oh I am sooo jealous that I live in the UK...*stamps foot* LOL Wendy hun, I totally adore your hanging piece, the colours are fab and am loving the stamping...thanks for sharing....*wanders off to see how much air fares to the US are* :O))

Allie Gower said...

St Louis is doable for me. I would love to take your class and get some stamps.

How FUN!

Allie

Escape said...

I want to go!!! But since I can't, I've told my good friend in Springfield that he should go (yes, a HE!!).

Dianal said...

what a great class, sorry it's so far and I can't make it .... and a truck load of rubber stamps sounds extremely inviting too!!!

michelle said...

A million stamps I think my DH can not complain about my few! LOL

I love your project it is beautiful.

Susan said...

Oh what I'd give to live closer and be able to go to both the sale and the classes! A truckload of SA stamps - oh my! YOur project is gorgeous - love it.
Susan

Andrea said...

a stunning piece of artwork and what fun all that rubber x enjoy the stamping :-)

Unknown said...

I love your project it is beautiful.
--
Jenifer
Professional Monitering security systems for Homes, Offices & Appartments

Robyn said...

book looks great. look forward to seeing it.
Blessings,
Robyn