here's how I got started...

here's how I got started...
a 20 minute podcast by Crazy BeYOUtiful

Thursday, August 20, 2009

grunge and a new toy

Here's my basic thoughts on using grungeboard and grungepaper....since you asked!

I LOVE both...I DREAM of grunge...
SERIOUSLY!

Both have the same qualities...you can stamp, ink, paint, emboss, sew, and distress either.

I like to mix/match both products in a project, because the difference in thickness adds interest. When I do that, I'll use the grungeboard as the base & add the grungepaper on top.

For something that's going to get LOTS of use...
like these sandals...

I like grungeboard for the flower...it's very durable.




For something on a smaller scale...
or if you want to build lots of layers...
I like grungepaper...

like for this bracelet...


Yep...makes me laugh...it looks PROM-ish...
kind of like a wrist corsage!

The stamp set is called "funky flowers" & the name seems appropriate!

The tiny leaves you see peeking out are made with an EK SUCCESS punch and they are stamped with the text stamp.

tim's idea-ology foliage makes the center a snap. HA!!!
Get it?? SNAP?


That's the grunge basics...
hoped it helped answer some questions!

NEXT...
LOOKIE what the man in the brown truck brought me yesterday.

I didn't think I NEEDED the 7g binderie punch, but after I saw the demo...it HOOKED me!

One push of the button & it punches thru grungeboard easily...

I tried it on some thick Maya Road chipboard...yep.
SIMPLE...just push the button...
and you get...
Slick as snot...PERFECT holes...



I see lots of fun play in my future... with this guy.

That's it for today...
I've got to finish up the last minute packing for the next stop on this art adventure...

Crop Paper Scissors in Waco, Texas.
OK gals...
prepare to get INKY and we'll...

make art!
wendy


10 comments:

Andrea said...

love the bracelet could of done with one of those for my daughters prom, yes here in the UK we have those now, thanks to America :-) your artworks always a pleasure to look at x

Allie Gower said...

Those are both great. I had thought about the Binderie, but I have so many other tools.

So, did you actually punch through grungepaper with a shape punch? I didn't think it would work.

Way to go!

Allie from Croppinsville, who wishes she was in Waco!

Lisa Pace said...

Too cute! I love the bracelet. AND you are being an enabler. I have tried and tried to not get one of these... Thanks! Have a safe trip.

Unknown said...

Now there is a highly under used expression ... "slick as snot - perfect holes" ... bet it does n't say that on the box *LOL*

Fabulous art as always ... am loving the bracelet X

Had a Wendy V today in Cambridge UK, we got inky and made art ... Lots of laughter too ... and you, your birds and your stamps were the star of the show ... Thank you for the inspiration and taking the time to share your journey X

Art By Wanda said...

{SNAP} I get it :-)) Cool bracelet and I hadn't seen a demo of the Binderie or really heard too much about it but now I just think I might need it too. Have fun!!!

Hels Sheridan said...

I gotta add...(Linda has lowered the tone with the snot thingy....I would NEVER have said anything like that ... ever ....ROFL....) Wendy, we had the BESTEST day today and used only your stamps...we have such excellent taste :O)) but there is no need for any others! Thanks from me...for inspiring me...and making me see things differently...and for making a lovely comment on me Blog and making me smile!.... Enjoy your class in Texas....**am still looking for air fares** LOL x

Debby said...

You sure have been busy. I was gone for a couple of days and love your art. Thanks for sharing that you can stamp over crackled paint. That is good to know. Glad the book is on its way to coming out. I got some of the new sets of stamps so hope to make art tomorrow. Have a safe trip to Texas.

D's Paper Studio said...

Wonderful art

I love love love the Binderie!

Unknown said...

Sounds like a fabulous weekend. The birds are amazing..


--
Jenifer
Professional Monitering security systems for Homes, Offices & Appartments

Cyndy C. said...

The flower bracelet is yet another great idea, Wendy. You amaze me with your ideas and your talent. My niece would love this.

Cyndy