here's how I got started...

here's how I got started...
a 20 minute podcast by Crazy BeYOUtiful

Monday, August 31, 2009

a winner...and new Maya Road minis ...

WOW!
Over 170 entries...

THANK YOU ALL for taking the time to comment!!!
I'm thrilled~Thanks for being so very kind!

AND...

A MILLION THANK-YOU's to everyone who ordered my book...
The first dose should arrive today or tomorrow...and we'll get them in the mail ASAP!


I'm calling Ted to order more today...and hopefully those will arrive by Friday...

I'll keep you posted...

So...want to know who the book winner is?

Random.org chose # 83...

CONGRATS to...

Here's her comment...
Dianal said:
Can't wait until I get an opportunity to see the new book. Congratulations. I have been using your stamps sets since I took a class with you in Buffalo .. love your blog and all that you create ... keep making ART!!!!!!
August 28, 2009 11:18 PM


DianaL... please send me your address & I'll get your prize mailed off to you.


On to the art...

Some days I have NO WILLPOWER!
My Maya Road order arrived on Saturday...
with cool NEW product! YIPPEE!

I tried my best to stick to the tasks on the TO-DO list...kits, kits, kits & CRUISE stuff...
but I kept hearing them call me...
so I GAVE IN on Sunday.

I HAD to play with these mini houses.

I have no clue where the inspiration came from...
but this antique hinge seemed to be the perfect fit...
even though it weighs a ton...

The canvas is mini...just 2 x 4 inches...
but I loaded on the goods, as usual.

I covered the canvas with an old book page & adhered it with Claudine's multi medium...I like the matte best.

These mini houses are to die for awesome.
I think the smaller...the better....



Maya Road mini alphabets...perfect fit...
I almost used the mini trees...but the alphas won!

To make the scallop trim, I cut off a section of the rectangle scallop journaling coaster.

I LOVE tim's snaps for the grungepaper flower centers.




And the finishing touch...

a 1 inch square memory frame with memory capsule...made by Ranger.

Tim's mini fasteners fit the lock holes perfectly for a nice little detail.


So...that TO-DO list is still waiting for me...
But I sure enjoyed the playday!

THANKS AGAIN!!!
I appreciate EACH & EVERY one of YOU!

make art!
wendy

14 comments:

Andrea said...

fabby artwork as ever Wendy and I can not wait for the girls books to arrive here in the UK thankyou so much for being able to send them here, I will sneek peek before they get them :-) they will not mind, after all what are friends for xx

Andrea said...

oops forgot to say well done on the winner of the book, hope you enjoy many happy crafting hours x

Unknown said...

I love it.....once again! Every post you make has more and more inspiration!

Debby said...

Congratulations to Diana the winner. You are so lucky. Love the new art. The old hinge is cool. Looking forward to seeing more art.

Miss Iowa said...

Holy smokes! The hinge is--well I can't think of a word. Awesome? Genius?

And congrats to the winner. Lucky duck!

Unknown said...

Congratulations to the winner ... Love the hinge Wendy - inspired work ... and I for one am happy that you go off-liste sometimes ;0)

Unknown said...

Wendy- I love the mini houses- those would make some amazing Christmas gifts. The hinge, the snap and metal charm at the bottom are a perfect complement to each other- LOVE IT!!
Congrats to Diana she is in for a real treat.

Hels Sheridan said...

Cor, i looooove those mini's...neeed them now LOL As ever, truly inspiring art Wendy...thanks for sharing...and congrats to the lucky book winner too.. Hels xx

michelle said...

My mini arrived this weekend too and I so wanted to play but did not get the time. . .

Yours is outstanding love the hinge. .

Congrats to the winner and go forward and make art!

2amscrapper said...

Ah yes, the Wendy art I've come to know and love! And congrats to the winner!

Dianal said...

Wow, I just got in and read this blog ... I can't believe I won ... I am so thrilled ... I can't wait to receive the book and see the great ART you created .. I know it will inspire me to make ART!

Wendy I sent you an e-mail with my info. Thank you so much.

IndyCinD said...

You always inspire! Love what you did with the tiny houses!

Art By Wanda said...

Congrats to Dianal!!! I'm glad you played :-)) Terrific piece!!!!

Linda M. Cain said...

HOUSES! You know I LOVE them!
Cute!

Linda