here's how I got started...

here's how I got started...
a 20 minute podcast by Crazy BeYOUtiful

Monday, February 18, 2008

I LOVE Robin Beam!~!

This is tooooooo funny for you to miss. This is a post from my dear friend Robin Beam. If you are having a bad day & NEED a LIFT...just call her...She's the best!! Works EVERY time!

Anyway...here's what she said about my CHA post, from Saturday.



Miss Wendy: you are THE BOMB! If you check out Scrapbook Retailer Magazine, there's the article by Beth Mauro and you're in the picture with Tim...hehehe.
To anyone listening: the rule regarding Miss Wendy-if she says "Really?" when you compliment her, she coughs up $5 on the spot. She knows that this is a very important rule for her to learn to say "thank you" or "I'm glad you liked it", or god forbid, "I really liked that (fill in the blank) that I made." Until she learns, she'd better have a bunch of $5 bills on her, because, if you don't know it yet, Wendy, YOU'VE ARRIVED!

Inky Hugs, Robin


She certainly MADE MY DAY!!!!!!!!!! THANKS ROBIN!!!


Now here's why I'm always surprised to get compliments.

I worked in surgery for 30 years. Believe me...very few compliments. 18 hour days were expected & were THE NORM. Getting called out @ 2am...expected...Getting home @ 3:59 am and then getting called back @ 4:01 am...no big deal...all in a days work.....So...when a compliment comes my way, I'm totally surprised. Totally NOT what I'm used to. But with Robin's gentle...ok, NOT so gentle reminders...I'm trying. Good thing. Otherwise, we'd be BROKE! Those $5 add up quickly!




Here's the Maya Road Crew after a LONGGGGGGGGGGGG day of order taking. YIKES...when did I get OLD????????????


Ok...enough blabber...back soon with real art. HA!
Wendy

5 comments:

Linda M. Cain said...

I've been saying, "we'll be able to say...We knew Wendy when..." and now I think Robin is right. Her time is now!
Linda

SANDIE MALLON said...

Not old wendy WISER LOL you look gorgeous in the pic and I LOVE your art... theres a reason i stalk you blog ... i love everything you create ... its so different to what is norm . have a great week wendy look forward to your art when its posted.

Michelle McGee said...

I cannot believe I missed you at the booth... I went looking for you and just never quite got to you... what a bummer.

I love my surgeons and always have complimented and thanked them!

And I did see you in SR! Right there with Tim...

Rachel Greig said...

Ditto what Robin said - you rock! :)

Shelley Haganman said...

It looks like you girls had a blast! I can't wait to see and hear more! Loved your projects! Shelley