here's how I got started...

here's how I got started...
a 20 minute podcast by Crazy BeYOUtiful

Monday, February 4, 2008

Mr Fed-Ex, new flowers and FREE from Maya Road

Thank you MR Fed-EX...I got confirmation that my CHA samples arrived at our hotel yesterday. GREAT news and one less thing to worry about. Now if the weather co operates & I get there, life will be good. We got 6 inches of snow mixed with thunder & lightening?? When the first claps happened during the Superbowl, we actually thought there had been an explosion near us. YIKES! Winter in Illinois is NOT fun!



Like these flowers?? I DO!! They're called Textured cord blossoms & they got my attention as soon as I opened the box. I knew that I wanted a different look than my normal chipboard scroll, so I did some very simple stitching instead. The background paper is made by Anna Griffin and the paper behind the flowers is from Fancy Pants.



Take a closer look...notice the cute little new bird too. He comes in the new Tree tin. The microchip heart worked well as a wing. A tiny bow made from the crushed velvet ribbon was the finishing touch.




And last, but not least...



Free...Maya Road...???



Did you know that on the Maya Road web site there is FREE stuff?? Computer genius & co-owner Deb has a ton of free templates there for all to enjoy. Instead of wasting time tracing our books, you can print them right out on your paper/cardstock & cut for a perfect fit. She also made some cool calendar pages...perfectly sized for Maya Road products. There are all sorts of inserts, patterns & more. Check it out here...Everyone loves FREE and what a timesaver. Think of custom made gifts when you're browsing there.



That's the Tuesday update.

3 days before I leave...but who's counting??
Wendy

5 comments:

Margie Higuchi said...

Looks like Memphis was west after all! LOL!! So happy to hear your wonderful creations made it safe & sound :0)

I'm still fantically getting last minute details done before shipping overnite express mail and voting! What a combo! LOL!

OK...breaktime over!
Have a good day, Miss Wendy!

Andi (RrlScrapGal) said...

Hey! Thanks for the templates!!! Whoda thunk?????
So glad your goodies made it to the hotel instead of camping out in FL...

Catch you later!

Valonda L. said...

Those flowers are so incredibly beautiful, and the stitching goes with them perfectly.

Sunnymommie said...

oh wow!! these are beautifulllllllll!!!! love it

Rachel Greig said...

bewdiful.... !!