here's how I got started...

here's how I got started...
a 20 minute podcast by Crazy BeYOUtiful

Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Tips...real ART and a peek...

THANKS!!! Great job!!! Keep those tips coming. And remember...it doesn't have to be an earthshaking tip...just an art tip. Simple is good. Even if it's from long ago...we might have missed it.

RAK drawing tomorrow...get those tips in today!

Now here's some real sweet ART, from my new little friend HANNAH WATSON. She lives in SanDiego...so she's warm...I'm not..Anyway, I sent her and her little sister a goodie package & she made this ART for me. GREAT job Hannah!! THANKS so much. You're right..you ARE an ARTIST!




And a shameless plug for my upcoming March classes...


I bet this is a sneak peek of a grungey door prize. Yep...I think it is. I LOVE good doorprizes!!

Ok...I'm on a mission to find more of my favorite paper. In addition to the bud vase for the March grunge classes...we're also using a Maya Road Keepsake Cube, with my new most favorite paper & grungeboard...a very FUN project!

Keep those tips/comments coming.
Happy Wednesday....
wendy

5 comments:

PamDavis said...

Hannah is just as creative as her mommy. I am assuming this is Katie's daughter.

Wish I lived closer that I could take your class.

Renee77 said...

That picture is so pretty!!! That made me smile!!!

borcherding said...

Hi there! Just wanted to say hello and that I just signed up for your Technique class in St.Louis next month. I am looking forward to learning new things to help me use of my supplies!! LOL! Have a wonderful day!! Peace and blessings...

Cecile Nichols said...

Okay--here's my tip!

I use the Herma permanent glue dot dispenser a lot, with the tiny glue dots. When I run a strip of glue dots along the very edge of the item I'm attaching to my project, and from end to end, I don't want to always have that little run-off of glue on my work surface, so here's my tip. Take the slick backing sheet from your cushion, used when mounting your unmounted rubber, and place that under the item you're applying the glue dots to. Then go ahead and run your dispenser along the edge and end-to-end. The glue dots won't stick to the backing sheet and you don't have a gooey mess on your work surface. I have a piece I keep pulling out, even in classes, and using over and over again.

That's my tip and I'm sticking to it!

Cecile

Sam Marshall said...

Tip: If you can't find metal tape, cut up a soft drink can. You can even Cuttlebug them- die cut and emboss!