here's how I got started...

here's how I got started...
a 20 minute podcast by Crazy BeYOUtiful

Sunday, February 3, 2008

I played and made this, shopping alert & other random news



I have been drooling over this one lonely flower since the day it arrived about 6 weeks ago. I only got one of the "jewel ribbon blossoms" in my Maya Road goodie box and it was making me crazy trying to find just the right spot for it. Yesterday I decided to actually USE it & not hoard it, just so I could admire it. This is by far THE COOLEST/classiest ribbon flower on the market. Trust me...I do know flowers!



I started by swiping a sheer round scallop page with a Peach Bellini dabber. How cool is that name? Sounds like a dessert & makes me want a huge bowl...anyway...back on track.....

Once again...more of the trinkets elements metal flowers and blossoms, scrolls from the Vineyard tin, and the stamp is from my friend Rachel Greig. I got that baby and the one on the back, personally delivered @ CHA last summer. The background is one of my most favorite/most used Stampers Anonymous stamps...newspaper scraps # U2-943. LOVE it!

I used a journaling piece from K & Co as the base for the thanks stamp.

Here's the back. The number border stamp on the bottom is also from Rachel. The stamped round chipboard is from the Maya Road foundations tin.



Now here's what you REALLY need to see...a closeup of this jewel ribbon blossom. Do you agree?? TO DIE FOR BEAUTIFUL??





Now for the random news.......

I just tracked my box of CHA samples...MEMPHIS?? WHAT??? That's the wrong way, Mr Fed-Ex...California is WEST! SCARRY!!

I talked to ART GODDESS Robin Beam the other day & got this Ranger CHA scoop...

They are coming out with a new pigment ink! Adirondack Pigment Ink Stamp Pads will start out with the coordinating Lights/Brights/Earthtones for the following colors: Cranberry/TerraCotta/Butterscotch/Bottle/Denim/Eggplant/Pitch Black & SnowCap. She loves them & told me they are perfect on chipboard. You apply them with the same Inkssentials blending tool that's used for the distress inks. Definitely added to my shopping list.

Ranger will also be selling an Inkssentials Craft Spinner, which will hold eight of the Inkssentials Blending Tools and tidy up your work space. CHECK... on my shopping list too. I like tidy.

Check out Robin's blog to see what cool things she's doing...

HERE IT COMES......................

*** SHOPPING ALERT***



*** SHOPPING ALERT***

If I haven't given you enough ideas for spending your $$, here's another. I have no affiliation, nor do I know her...but I LOVE this book. TONS of eye candy. You can find it here. It's well worth your $$.


5 days 'til I head WEST...yikes...still have plenty to do.
I better get going on more business cards.


I hope you've enjoyed these samples & that they inspire you. Use them as a starting point, add your style and...

MAKE ART!
Wendy

12 comments:

ginny said...

Wendy, your art piece is beautiful and so perfectly "February"! The ribbon flower is also gorgeous. I used to make these ribbon roses...hmm..I wonder if I can remember how. Forget it...easier to buy some from Maya Road.
FYI: A peach Bellini is a drink made with champagne and peach scnapps, I think.

Linda M. Cain said...

OOOOUU-LA-LA!!! Fabulous!!! I think this is definitely one of your very best!!! Especially since it was not using your colors of comfort. WOW...I'm speachless and you know that takes a lot.
Your Friend in ART.
Linda

Andi (RrlScrapGal) said...

Oh my!!! Beautiful! LOVE the flower.. it is exquisite and would go perfectly with some gorgeous ribbons I rec'd from Ginny's RAK (small studio)...
Lovin' your goodies!!!!

Escape said...

Girlfriend, you rock! This little piece is put together so well! Keep spending my $$ for me....cuz you know if it's mentioned here, I HAVE to have it! :-)

Penny said...

This is definately one of my favourite pieces of yours and that flower is to DIE for - gorgeous!

Rachel Greig said...

LOVE this Wendy! And I just LOVE how you layer everything.... just want to touch it and feel it! Thanks for sharing!

Margie Higuchi said...

Wendy, don't panic...Memphis is going west. It's Fed-Ex major hub/HDQ so that means it is on its way! LOL!!!

Love that creation you made! The flower is BEAUTIFUL! Don't you just love the dabbers?! I used it in all my acrylic samples!

Catherine is a wonder with mixed media! Love her stuff!

Donalda said...

girl that is knock dead gorgeous !!! Beautiful art !

sharon said...

So beautiful Wendy. I'm just trying to work out if I can put together something similar with the things
I have available, I'm going to give it a go anyway!

Thanks for the inspiration,

Sharon

SANDIE MALLON said...

FIrst glance... hmm i thought i had seen that "Thanks a Bunch stamp" before it looks great... this stuff is all gorgoes ... do you sleep ??? LOL have fun

Sandy Wiley said...

got a little chuckle your package is in memphis! we had a package ship to spokane from seattle in the same state of WA and it went to memphis then to spokane...what a waste of gas! i hear the fed ex hub is in memphis so no worries! your projects are outstanding!

Catherine said...

Thank YOU...I just happened upon your blog, not sure where I got the link from and as I was scrolling down I saw this. THANK you - you totally made my day!

Hope you have a good one too!