here's how I got started...

here's how I got started...
a 20 minute podcast by Crazy BeYOUtiful

Saturday, February 16, 2008

Phew.............what a ride!


Sorry for the contest delay. This OLD art chick was dead ass tired and in low gear all day yesterday and didn't have the energy to unpack & count/record my art.
.........................................................................................................
I'm not even sure where to start on the story. I was extremely proud of our booth & all the great work done by our design team. It looked great...(I hope you don't think I'm prejudice)...We had TONS of wonderful comments from all who visited. Many customers came back all 4 days to order, look, get class ideas, ask questions and take photos. It was a rush to hear all those kind words. THANK YOU all!!!!!!!!!!!
..........................................................................................................
We worked hard...VERY hard, from booth set-up, to taking TONS of orders, to booth take down. The booth was packed with customers from the 9am opening until 6:30pm...an hour PAST the closing...simply amazing. It was quite apparent that everyone loves Maya Road products. We slept AT MOST...4 or 5 hours every night, which explains why I didn't post yesterday.
............................................................................................................
We got to meet tons of store owners, magazine editors, fellow artists/designers etc. We got to see old friends and make some new ones too. We got tons of teaching offers...actually more than I could do in a year. Most were from the US, but we got international teaching offers too. How fun is that??
...........................................................................................................
Our DT co-ordinator Lisa Pace got an exciting offer, but that's not my story to tell. VERY VERY exciting indeed. We are all soooooooooo proud of her and her talent!! We were jumping for joy & crying all @ the same time! YIPPEE LISA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
..........................................................................................................
As for me, I am still in shock. My little brain finally processed this offer on the plane ride home. I have SOMETHING in the works, but can't let the cat out of the bag yet. Let me just say that the discussion left me in total shock, with sweaty hands, a sick stomach & totally speechless. Yes... it was REALLY that GOOD!! If this happens, it's a dream come true!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Believe me...I'm keeping my fingers crossed!
............................................................................................................
Ok...now the contest scoop...
I made a total of 37 projects for the booth. Way more than you all guessed!
Catalog cover art...
Far right corner...color art layer book
To the left of that...card with 2 yellow & one green blossom
Directly below that, the scroll/flower
and last...the card box/card set.
Inside the catalog...
The heart & home set on the vintage ruler
On the sheer sets page, the skinny photo of the sheer & chipboard flower
The cover of the color layer album
and last...on the clear stamp page...Lisa with the crown.
Since no one guessed the exact total number of projects or chose all the right art, we put all the names in a basket & Rick chose the winner...
But first.................
one more thing..HA!!!...several of you guessed the LOVE art on the chipboard alphabet page. This makes me laugh, because I too did a double take, wondering if that was mine...! Nope...it's not.
DRUMROLL>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>The winner is.......................................................................
margie!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congrats to you!!! Wait 'til you see what's coming your way!!! Please send me your email & shipping info and we'll get that out to you on Monday! Thanks everyone for playing!!
..........................................................................................................
Teaching updates...
We'll be playing with grungeboard & glass @ Scrapbook Friend'z in Bloomington, Illinois on March 8th. Fun with a capital F!~! Don't miss it!
...............................................................................................................
Details & times are now finalized for the SSAT convention in Rockford, Illinois. The classes are scheduled on Friday March 14th. Details are here. These are 2 really fun classes. We'll play with grungeboard & glass and in the second class we'll do the Ranger Distress Ink technique class, which actually is a mini Ranger U!! I hope you can join us and learn all about these cool inks.
.............................................................................................................
On Saturday, March 29 and Sunday, March 30 Linda Cain & I (the dynamic duo) are doing a total of 4 fun classes @ For Keeps Sake in St Louis, Missouri. If you're in the area, check it out! It promises to be a great weekend full of arting, sharing, making new friends and chocolate!
.............................................................................................................
I made some grungeboard flowers for Tim, for his Advantus booth @ CHA and came home to several emails with questions about the stamps I used. I'll be back tomorrow with that info.
............................................................................................................
We really didn't get to see much of the convention, but I did get to see Tim's new stamps @ the Art Gone Wild/Stampers Anonymous booth. WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ATC sizes........need I say more??
His new products thru Advantus had me drooling. I NEEEEEEEEED them all. Absolutely outstanding & cool!! I can NOT pass up anything vintage looking & metal! I have every single one checked on my order form. The new grungeboard minis are TO DIE FOR !!!!!!!!!!!!!
.............................................................................................................
I got a sample of Ranger's new Inkssentials opaque white pen...Another MUST HAVE for doodling and the infamous BANDANNA technique, developed by Robin Beam. No skipping...nice bright white color...I was very IMPRESSED with the quality!
..............................................................................................................
I'll try hard to get back in the blogging routine & post more show photos soon.
Enjoy your weekend!!
Thanks for visiting!!
Wendy
ps...I tried to edit this & put spacing between the paragraphs, but Mr Blogger isn't cooperating. So...I added the dots instead.............

11 comments:

Glee-scrap said...

We missed you, Wendy!
So glad you had a great trip, and can't wait to hear what "offer" you are crossing your fingers about(SQUEAL!)...exciting!
Congratulations on the win, Margie!
Rest and relax-you deserve it!

Margie Higuchi said...

WHA!!! Such a nice surprise when I came to read your blog...wanted to get the "dirt" on CHA but instead I WON!!!!! LOL!!

Will PM ya! Can't wait till you share that "offer" - whoever it is KNOWS they picked the right person!!!!!

Rachel Greig said...

yay - you're back! Missed you! Had a great chat to Cecile on the phone while you were away - that was fun!
Can't wait to hear your exciting news!!!!!!! You go girl! :)

Penny said...

Hi Wendy, wow, that sounds like it was a HUGE success!! I did see some CHA piccys around on the net with your amazing creations in the photos !

And your other news.....how exciting!! Can't wait for the outcome (I am guessing like mad now!)

D's Paper Studio said...

Hi Wendy,

CHA was a blast! Maya Road was wonderful. The people working the booth were cool. I had my Maya Road sticker on for the whole show. I forgot to intro myself, but I did see you. And thanks to Maya for donating to the two PEAS event...I was able to secure two of the tins of Maya Road chipboard! My first.

SANDIE MALLON said...

WOW HOW EXCTING WENDY CANT WAIT TO HEAR WHAT THE BIG NEWS IS CONGRATULATIONS ON IT... YOUR CREATIONS FOR CHA WERE ALL AMAZING

Sandy Wiley said...

congrats on a successful show and your good news which i cannot wait to hear! you deserve it wendy...your projects are top notch!

Linda M. Cain said...

Great job, girl. Glad you're back in good old "Grass Roots USA." It's only fair. If Rick has to freeze, so do you! Ha! CHA-W will never be the same since you hit!
Linda

Katie Watson said...

Oh Miss Wendy...I miss you so much!! Your work was even more incredible in person, you my dear are the real thing!! I know your "little secret (OK, big secret)" and am so excited for you!! You are the most incredible stamper, inker, altered project person I have ever met in my life, seriously!! You remember my fortune from my fortune cookie, right? I saved it somewhere in my pile of stuff!! ~~~So, here is the funny thing, Wendy didn't want her "art" to go back with booth stuff, she wanted it to go back with her, so I loaded up ALL her clothes in a big garbage bag (courtesy of the front desk at the hotel!) and brought them home with me to mail to her!! I love it...and don't blame her one bit at all...I would choose her art over her clothes anyday (not that you aren't an awesome dresser!!)!! This woman seriously just blew me away with her talent and touched my heart in a way that only "Wendy" could!! Not to mention that my little girls missed me so much and she hooked me up with crown stamps and cupcake stamps, one for each to bring home...helps to have friends with connections, huh? Miss you Wendy!!

Robin Beam said...

Miss Wendy: you are THE BOMB! If you check out Scrapbook Retailer Magazine, there's the article by Beth Mauro and you're in the picture with Tim...hehehe.

To anyone listening: the rule regarding Miss Wendy-if she says "Really?" when you compliment her, she coughs up $5 on the spot. She knows that this is a very important rule for her to learn to say "thank you" or "I'm glad you liked it", or god forbid, "I really liked that (fill in the blank) that I made." Until she learns, she'd better have a bunch of $5 bills on her, because, if you don't know it yet, Wendy, YOU'VE ARRIVED!

Inky Hugs, Robin

Michelle McGee said...

So... what's the offer? What's in the works? Do tell!