here's how I got started...

here's how I got started...
a 20 minute podcast by Crazy BeYOUtiful

Wednesday, March 11, 2009

2 more studio 490/Maya Road samples

I've got to tackle #1 on the UGLY list...packing...

But first...a little art...

These are 2 more samples for our Stampers Anonymous booth @ Carson, for this weekend.

The base of the first is Maya Road's square scallop coaster...It's inked with vintage photo distress ink and just a bit of mustard seed was blended in...

The scrolls are studio 490...the background is the screen stamp(studio 490) and the tiny bit of handwriting is also a studio 490 background.


The flower is stamped (studio 490) on grungePAPER & inked with broken china.

The leaves(studio 490) were stamped on grungeBOARD, then overstamped with the gingham background (studio 490) & they are peeled paint distress ink.

I like combining the grunge PAPER with the grungeBOARD...the different thicknesses add interest...

The metal flowers are from tim's new idea-ology release...I like the snaps as flower centers. A PERFECT fit!

I LOVE the size & shape of Maya Road's rectangle scallop journaling coaster...

The base was inked with 3 distress inks...shabby shutters, peeled paint & broken china, (right over tim's mini mask...), then stamped with the polka dot background stamp (studio 490), using Ranger's coffee Archival ink...

I like coffee for the background...it seems to make the black saying (studio 490) stand out more...




The large Maya Road chipboard blossom is vintage photo...stamped again with the gingham stamp & jet black Archival ink...

The smaller flower is broken china with a bit of vintage photo added. The combo of vintage photo & broken china makes a great teal color.

That tiny charm on the top left is from Stampers Anonymous...
The flower center has been here for a while...no clue on where that guy came from...

For a final detail...Ranger's gold dabber paint was randomly swiped along the scallops.

Ok...no more delays...time to pack up some demo supplies and some clothes...

NOTICE...the art supplies come first! PRIORITIES!

So...that's my day...
PACKING...NOT...

Mak(ing) art!
wendy

7 comments:

Lori said...

More great inspiration! Have a good weekend!

Linda M. Cain said...

Have a great show. The ponds are now ice rinks here!
L

Kristi B. said...

super cute Wendy! I am so excited to attend the show this weekend. Because of vacations, I have missed the show 2 years in a row! I have all my mad money all saved up & ready to spend!!!! See you there! :o)

Lynne Forsythe said...

You make me laugh....! Have a great trip...don't drop the camera this time...will want to see pics!!! :p

Ali said...

Love 'em! The descriptions are such a great help! Thanks for all that typing:)
Have a great weekend:)

magic boxes said...

Hi Wendy

Found your blog through Inspirational and so glad that I did.

Your work is absolutely stunning!

Will definitely be back!!!

Elaine

kmatelsky said...

there is something wrong with your blog signups. I have signed up for them 2 yrs ago and still nothing. I have signed up again to receive email notices and it tells me I am signed up already,,, but have gotten nothing in my mail.
help