here's how I got started...

here's how I got started...
a 20 minute podcast by Crazy BeYOUtiful

Tuesday, March 10, 2009

NEW Maya Road ...studio 490 samples

Ok...we're back in business, after a trip to the camera MD...phew...I didn't want a new camera...I like this one.

Since Stampers Anonymous will be @ 2 conventions this weekend (Rockford Illinois & Carson, California)...we needed more samples for the booths.

Not a problem...just what I like to do...

MAKE ART! ha!

I got it in earlier in the post today...surprise!

Here's a fun little hanging, made with Maya Road's new rectangle scallop journaling coaster.

I picked up some fun...ODD sized mini canvases in California and this turned out to be the perfect fit.

The canvas is 2 inches by 4...and I only bought 6...it's sooo cute...

What was I thinking???




Take a look @ the flower...it's the poinsettia, from
The Art of making it Merry set...
(studio 490...incase you wondered...)

The chipboard was inked with brushed corduroy distress ink...
peeled paint for the grungeboard leaves & broken china for the flower...



Combining different background stamps changed the look...

change the colors...now it's no longer a poinsettia.

Next...

Add another addiction to the list...BIRDS!

This guy is a Maya Road chipboard, from the Birds of a feather tin & he's stamped with my fav gingham background stamp...



I traced an extra wing onto a scrap of grungePAPER, stamped it with the bingo background stamp & added it for the finishing touch.
***
Just a little dimension makes a BIG difference.
***
GrungePAPER locating info is in yesterday's post.
I'm happy that some of you ordered & have it coming.
You'll LOVE it!
***UPDATED@ 12:15*** I just talked to Daisy...only a few packages left. She expects to be SOLD OUT today..If you haven't found it yet...HURRY!
***
For the third time today...
Make ART!
wendy

2 comments:

Linda M. Cain said...

I LOVE the bird with the long legs.
L

Claireabelle said...

Fab-U-lous!!!
x