here's how I got started...

here's how I got started...
a 20 minute podcast by Crazy BeYOUtiful

Wednesday, March 25, 2009

2 minis & a layout...studio 490 style

a layout?????

WHAT??? I don't do photos...
I don't know how to scrapbook...

I'm headed to Columbus, Ohio tomorrow to demo for Stampers Anonymous @ Memories Expo, which explains why I wanted to do something with a photo...but that comes later...

First...the minis...

Since Stampers Anonymous now has Maya Road products
(for your shopping convenience!)...
I thought I'd make a few samples for the booth.

This background was fun...sort of a mini sampler of studio 490 background stamps.

They're stamped on squares from Maya Road's foundation tin. I used the matching frames on other projects and had some extra squares...

perfect for a sampler...

the bird is from the birds of a feather set...

the base is a scalloped coaster.

I like the distress ink combo of broken china and peeled paint...

all stamping is done with jet black archival ink...
ALWAYS!...unless it's coffee archival...ha!

tim's idea-ology snaps added the finishing touch.



Another favorite color combo on the next mini...
vintage photo and broken china...

The flower is from the blossoms 2 tin...and it was run thru the Cuttlebug folder, then inked using Ranger's blending tool.

The stamps?? studio 490, of course!

The yummy brown flower is Maya Road's beaded felt blossom.



Now the layout...

Since Memories Expo is a scrapbook convention...what if people expect to see layouts in the booth?

I had none!!
NEVER made one...ever...YIKES!

But it was my lucky day...
we happened to find this photo in the basement of Rick's aunts home...

just the perfect sepia color for me and it was already mounted on a cool cardboard frame...

The papers are from graphic 45...I LOVE them...
perfect for vintage...


The embellishments on the left corner are stamped on grungeboard & grungePAPER...with studio 490 stamps...
there are a few mini chipboard flowers in there too...

FAMILY is spelled with Maya Road's brand new mini jonathan alphabet.
This is my most favorite product from their new release...
seriously...

I used tim's new metal corners and if you look close...there's a trinket pin in there too.

So there you have it...my first & probably ONLY layout ever...

I'm off early tomorrow...REALLY early...like 4am??? YIKES!

If you're close to Columbus...please stop by & say HI!

It's fun to put a name to the face...and to meet blog friends.

I'm planning to meet some friends from 2peas there too! Can't wait!

I'll be there to...

Make(demo)art!

wendy

PS...and if you live close to Philadelphia...there's a convention there this weekend...

Mr. Stampers Anonymous will be doing demos ...stop by...tell him that I said HI!

I guarantee...he WILL make you laugh!

and...coming Monday...lettuce & red pepper...

Sound like something to eat?

NOPE...It's Ranger's new PIGMENT inks...I made a little something & I LOVE these new earthtone colors...stay tuned...I'll show you on Monday.


16 comments:

Sharon Margiotta said...

hahaharharhaha!!! You don't do layouts .. hahahar! Coulda fooled me!!! That's beautiful .. total wendy style!!

Unknown said...

What do you mean you don't do layouts?!? You do all the time -- just not 12x12:) All is beautiful as usual.

Linda M. Cain said...

Graphic 45 is sooooo perfect for vintage photos! Great job here!
Love it, and these really are YOUR relatives. So your brother will feel you've come a long way from the unknowns on the Christmas tree!

LOVE the flowers!
L

2amscrapper said...

When someone is as talented as you, Wendy,anything is possible. Saw the grunge paper flowers up close and personal from someone who took your class. GORGEOUS. I think everyone should make a point of seeing your new flowers in person and taking the class. So be looking for me....

Marlis said...

Wow, great layout for a novice, oh darned for anybody!!! Love your style..

D's Paper Studio said...

Your mini's are fab, but I'm so proud you did a layout! Hurray, we will bring you over to the dark side yet. LOL

Scrapthat said...

Get out! That is your first LO?! Well it's a fabulous one and I hope you will share more of them with us!! You did a fabulous job (which of course doesn't surprise anyone who knows your ART)
TFS!

Lynne Forsythe said...

Even when you are PUSHED outside of your box....not never cease to amaze!!!! Great Job!!!

Escape said...

Amazing how you can take all the same stuff & come up with a layout--just like a really big coaster! LOL! Rick's relatives are probably happy to have all those yummy goodies all around them. Great job! Love the minis, too.....those would be a good (2-3 hr) class, huh?

Nancy Wethington said...

Once again you've created mini-masterpieces!

Shelley Haganman said...

I think you layout is gorgeous and I can't think of a better paper line than Graphic 45!!! Good job!

Andrea said...

I just wanted to stop by and tell you how wonderful your booth was today. I was absolutely thrilled to see my favorite products and wow as a designer you are awesome. I wanted to take pictures like crazy but was thrilled that you gave me your blog!! I did check out the cruise, what a dream. Thank you for all of your inspiration today!!

rustyolethangs said...

Omgosh!! My fav booth of all time yesterday! Didnt know i was chattin with a "famous person" THANK you for taking time to share your creative talents with us! Im so inspired and cant wait to use my new stamps!!!

Anonymous said...

Hi, Wendy ...it's me. The stalker. *lol* If I'd read this blog post before Saturday, hopefully I'd not have acted like such a geek yesterday when I met you! Work & life have been crazy & blog reading has not been a priority the last several days...
ANYway, THANK YOU for putting up with me yesterday - thank you for my tag card, for having your picture taken with me, for not smacking me when I'd say to someone else standing there "that's WENDY!!!" ;-) As others have said, your booth was THE best, all you demonstrated & explained was fun & I definitely came away from it all poorer (lol) but educated.

Andrea said...

Oh so funny, I was too chicken to ask for the picture!! Next time I'm going to get braver!!

KAT said...

Hope you are having a fun time in my home state this weekend! Wish I could have made the 3 hr trip to go see you but I had family plans this weekend... Guess I'll just have to wait until the cruise....

Hope you enjoyed sharing with everyone!