here's how I got started...

here's how I got started...
a 20 minute podcast by Crazy BeYOUtiful

Monday, March 30, 2009

2 tutorials and 2 studio 490 sightings


and a Columbus report...that's me with a blog friend, Nancy...she is HILARIOUS!
*
We had a great show...
met lots of new friends...
sold out COMPLETELY of everything you NEED to make grunge flowers...
*
I think you'll be seeing lots of grunge flowers in Ohio!
*
Stampers Anonymous has LOTS of SPECIAL orders to send out too...these gals cleared out the booth!
*
THANKS to everyone who attended and visited our booth.
*
As promised...red pepper and lettuce...
Ranger's new PIGMENT inks...
*
These pigment inks give chipboard (Maya Road...of course) a totally different look, since it's opaque.
*
It's simple to tap the pads right on the chipboard. These are quick drying pigment inks...about 15 minutes on porous surfaces...or if you're in a hurry like me...a quick blast with the heat tool & you're all ready to embellish.
*
I find that these earthtone colors cover in one coat. Some of the lights, like the yummy cloudy blue & my favorite juniper may take 2 coats for complete coverage. It's ...simple...
*
After it's dry...I stamp with jet black archival for a nice crisp image.

Other credits for this piece...the striped paper is graphic45...the green base is bazzill's swiss dot cardstock.
*
The flower is red pepper...the scroll is lettuce...
*
I think you know the stamps are mine...
***
NEXT...
I forgot to memtion this last week.
I did blog post for the Maya Road DT blog.
Like the flower below??
*
It's there plus 3 other versions of the same flower.
*
The post is here...one flower...4 fun ways.
*
I guess that's why I LOVE Maya Road...
every piece is a blank slate & can be...ANYTHING!

Now...this was fun...browsing the web, I spotted these wonderful projects, using studio 490 stamps...
*
The first is from Nancy Wethington, a St. Louis friend...she made it to document her son's return home from the service.
I think it's BEAUTIFUL!




And here's 2 more from Cat...
I met her in California a few weeks ago @ the Carson convention...
The first is a gift for her friend...how cool is that?



And I LOVED this piece too...
*
Hmmm...looks to me like she's a Maya Road addict too...and she likes my stamps!
THANKS NANCY & CAT...keep up the GREAT work!
You guys rock!
*
That's it for today...
*
Next stop on the art adventure is Scrapaganza in Iowa.
We'll be doing 3 classes there...
a fun Maya Road book, the funky flowers grunge class and the use your scraps fragment journal.
*
Sounds like a great way to spend the weekend to me...
hope you can join us!
*
Time to make kits...
Make art!
wendy

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, I'm glad I swallowed before I did my lunch-time blog reading! *lol* Thanks, again, Wendy!

What wonderful creations you've shared, again - both yours & those others have made. Now I know I have to order some grungepaper since you all were sold out on Saturday. Fun stuff!

Linda M. Cain said...

Great stamps, great projects!

Linda

D's Paper Studio said...

Your creativity continues to overwhelm me. How wonderful. Counting the days until you come to West Columbia.

Unknown said...

Eeeeee! (that would be a squeal of delight!) Thanks so much for the post!

I adore your stamps and Maya Road, too! They're like PB&J . . .they just go together.

Your stamps have done very, very well at my store(s) . . . I have another order in with Mr. Ted.

I'll be sending you an email showing how I showcase your stamps and Maya Road stuff . . . once everything is back up on the wall (repainted over the weekend).

Thanks again for your inspiration!

Cat