here's how I got started...

here's how I got started...
a 20 minute podcast by Crazy BeYOUtiful

Friday, March 20, 2009

Maya Road treasure box with fragments

Our PO guy brought a box earlier this week...
Hmmm..what did I buy??

I didn't remember placing an order...

Here's what was in the box...


This is a project that I made for Maya Road & it was being returned from the Scrapbooking & Beyond folks.

It's published in the Spring 2009 issue...

This is Maya Road's treasure box...and the recessed lid is loaded with tim's fragments. Since these fragments are small...
they are perfect for left over paper scraps....

USE THOSE SCRAPS...DON'T TOSS THEM!

They are also the perfect base for bits & pieces of
leftover rub-ons.

All the rub-ons on top of the fragments are made by Maya Road...as is the large scroll under the knob.

I am NOT prejudice when I say they are wonderful quality.
They are simple to apply & they really do stay in place.

That's a fact...



Scrapbooking & Beyond's photographer did a great job...
THANK YOU!



Here's the article & instructions...




MAYA ROAD...
Treasure box...it's 5 3/4 inches square...

Other products...

tim holtz idea-ology
fragments

RANGER INDUSTRIES...

latte adirondack dye ink...applied with the blending tool

jet black & coffee archival inks...2 MUST haves.

I like to stamp my backgrounds in coffee, then my main image in jet black...

Glossy Accents...for adhering the paper to the back of the fragment & also for adhering the fragment to the lid.

STAMPERS ANONYMOUS...
I LOVE LOVE LOVE the newspaper scraps stamp #U2-943

The paper is from Melissa Frances & the pattern names are Gilbert, Sandra, Thomas & Wesley.

The knob is made by 7 gypsies.

I used the black glaze pen from Sakura to add dots to the fragments.

That's it for today...

I'll be back with the full project from yesterdays peek...
just as soon as the box gets delivered.

It's on the truck!

Have a fun weekend...

I hope you're inspired to...
USE those scraps and...

make art!

wendy

9 comments:

Linda M. Cain said...

WAY COOL!
Love it!
L

Anonymous said...

Wendy that is beautiful!!!! So so so pretty....you can look at it for hours!!!! GREAT job!!
Penny Duncan

PisforPaper said...

Very cool project!

Anonymous said...

Awesome, Wendy! Now I know how I'm going to finish the cover of my journal.

Sharon Margiotta said...

You have such a beautiful style .. all your own!

Dylan said...

hey sweet cheeks. TAG you are it!!! See blog for details xx

Shelley Haganman said...

Beautiful project Wendy!

Escape said...

Fabulous!! Love this---again you force me to go shopping! :-) Did I mention it was 91 here today?

D's Paper Studio said...

This is wonderful Wendy. I love how you used the fragments as an inlay. Great job.