here's how I got started...

here's how I got started...
a 20 minute podcast by Crazy BeYOUtiful

Saturday, March 21, 2009

idea-ology hanging..

If you're a blog visitor...you already know that I think anything can be made into a flower...

Have you seen tim's new idea-ology corners??

You got it...I saw flower parts...

Here we have...
Exhibit A...



The base is Maya Road's scallop journaling coaster. I inked it with broken china, then added some vintage photo distress ink over it.

The background was stamped with my studio 490 bingo background stamp, using jet black archival ink. I lightly ran a gold paint dabber around the edge & it's hung with idea-ology link chain.

The center flower is tim's new idea-ology foliage...
so are the leaves...

I stamped the spinner/stem with my gingham background &
jet black archival ink.
Heat set...it's permanent...

Snaps make cool flower centers...

That was fun...

Exhibit B...




Pretty much the same...but a vintage photo background, stamped with my studio 490 polka dot stamp...
the black cardstock is edged again with the gold paint dabber.

Here's a closer shot of the flower...see how 4 corners make a flower?



The moral of today's post...

Look @ the possibilities...
then...

MAKE ART!
wendy

21 comments:

Linda M. Cain said...

Very Vintage looking. Cool!
Linda

Anonymous said...

Beautiful! Not only do I see flowers everywhere too, but I see jewelry everywhere....think that flower would make a great pin....just saying...
Eileen

Sara Carns said...

Those are gorgeous!!! Love the stems!

Sharon Margiotta said...

WOW! WoW! wow!!! that's aweseome!! Such a talent you have ....

Anonymous said...

Beautiful!
I like Eileen's idea of a pin ... oh yeah!

Sue McGettigan said...

I LOVE the way your mind works!! These are so fun, you're right, everything IS a flower :)

Joy said...

WOW!!!! Wendy, this is just amazing. Absolutely gorgeous!

Erin Glee said...

You never cease to amaze me with all the blooms you create for your DIRT FREE Flower Garden ~beautiful!

2amscrapper said...

WOWZA Wendy!!!!! I'm really liking these Maya Road scallops that you're using for the bases. You're making them a perfect backdrop for your gorgeous flowers.

Sarah said...

Wow, amazing!

PisforPaper said...

You are too clever!! :)

Shelley Haganman said...

Love the clock hand as a stem!! You are awesome girl!

Art By Wanda said...

Totally fabulous!!!

Shelley said...

I love it, clean and sharp with a vintage look. What's wrong with seeing flowers everywhere, the best people do.

Dragonlady said...

Hi, that is amazing, I really like it...I got here via, Eileen, the paperQueen...
hugs
Brenda

Tona said...

How creative! This is fantastic!!

D's Paper Studio said...

only you see flowers everywhere. What a wonderful perspective of life. Great job Wendy

Gretz said...

Wow these are AMAZING Wendy!

Ann said...

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Beautiful and so creative!! Really opens my eyes up to look at embelishment,metal,etc. in a new way. Ann

Anonymous said...

What a gorgeous piece!!!! I love the look!!
Penny Duncan

Michelle McGee said...

Oh so cool, Wendy!