here's how I got started...

here's how I got started...
a 20 minute podcast by Crazy BeYOUtiful

Tuesday, March 17, 2009

the Carson report...

We had a GREAT weekend!
Thanks to all who came & did their civic duty to help the economy...
which is more commonly known as...
SHOPPING!

I got to visit with some friends...meet some blog friends and also some 2 peas stampers. What FUN!!!


I also got to meet CAT from Cat's Craft Cupboard...we've chatted via email, so it was fun to put a face to the name.

Here's a few photos...the Stampers Anonymous booth was huge & it was loaded with product...



Oh look......
studio 490 stamps and to the left, some of the Maya Road products...

At the end of Sunday there were NO studio 490 stamps left!!
I think these gals like flowers.........


Here's the area where I demoed...

For those of you in the midwest...that green stuff is something they call GRASS in California...

I think I've seen it in Illinois...but that was a LONG time ago...
VERY LONG ago...




More goodies.........



Look @ all these wood mounted Stampers Anonymous stamps........



Other interesting details...

We started with 160 packages of grungePAPER...sold them ALL in just 4 hours.

We had a GUEST artist...12 year old Samantha Sparks...
daughter of Daisy, who owns eclectic paperie...
She made a grungePAPER flower & did an awesome job.

Moral of the story...If you see it (grungePAPER).......
get it...........
it's TOTALLY fun stuff.


60 packages of PLAIN grungeBOARD sheets...gone!


These California gals loved Maya Road...
ALL the jewel flowers, jewel pins and TONS of chipboard stuff have a new home.


Keychain & Pearl had to keep restocking the Ranger stuff...distress inks, reinkers, blending tools, craft sheets...


Perfect Pearls were a HUGE hit...they loved the glitz!


So...that's my story...and I'm sticking to it!

Have a GREAT day and...
Make ART!
wendy

10 comments:

Joy said...

Wendy, it was so great to see you there. I just love your work. You are amazingly talented and super duper sweet! :)

Jeanne said...

We missed you at the Madison show! They had good stuff too...grabbed me some grunge paper. But ZERO Studio 490 stamps!!! I was so bummed! That's what I was looking for!

D's Paper Studio said...

Wow, what a trip. I hope you get some rest. I've yet to find grunge paper here, so I might be looking online to find mine.

borcherding said...

WOWZERS!! Look at all those goodies!! Sounds like a very successful show! Kudos to you gal!!

Unknown said...

You lucky duck! I'm glad your trip was such a success:)

Lynne Forsythe said...

OK...anyone suprised that the Studio 490 stamps SOLD OUT!!!! Not I....They are awesome....been having fun with the Funky Flowers...used them in a class I taught...the gals went CRAZY!!!

Psychodiva said...

I wish we had shops like that over here in the UK :( I am so jealous of what is available over there

Brian K said...

I am so bummed I missed the Carson show! I go to every one. I was in Puerto Villarte Mexico for a wedding and I caught Montezuma's Revenge!

Sue McGettigan said...

We're so glad you came to California :) Thanks for joining in the Pea photo - it was great to see you demo'ing your stamps, and I love what you do with grungeboard/ grungepaper!

Dawn (dmh) said...

Looks like a fun weekend! Would love to have one of those events in Maine.
I'm not suprised that they snatched up all of your stamps. I'm happy for you.
Thanks for sharing, I was forgetting what grass looks like.
:)