here's how I got started...

here's how I got started...
a 20 minute podcast by Crazy BeYOUtiful

Friday, March 6, 2009

a card and a ...Carson, Ca convention update

Instead of an ordinary birthday card...I thought I'd combine the card & gift all in one ...

So...here's a little card/gift hanging...guess what?

... it's 100% grunge...



The base is a page from tim's grungeboard book...

studio 490 flowers...AGAIN.....they're everywhere!





Ali from Hawaii asked me to be more specific on the colors used, when I post photos...ok.........

Here goes...

The distress ink colors for the base are...brushed corduroy, vintage photo, broken china....blended with the blending tool.

I added black soot to add some depth, with more added at the bottom to ground the flowers.

It was super easy to add a gold edge, using the paint dabber from Ranger.
It dries in an instant...

The leaves are peeled paint...the large flower is broken china & the tiny red one is mahogany. That sunflower looking one is mustard seed.

That's tim's mask in the center...that was FUN!

Almost all the stamps are studio 490, except for "dear friend".
That's from Printworks.

The script stamp @ the bottom is from tim's new release.

Ok...ALOHA ALI! I tried!


***THANK YOU SO MUCH for all the comments & emails about my birds.
Guess I'm not the only one who liked these guys!***
**

Here's a Carson convention update...

I spoke with Ted (Mr. SA) yesterday & he has a surprise for those attending that convention..

I noticed @ conventions that there are plenty of stamps to choose from, but NOTHING cool to stamp ON...

So...you lucky gals attending the Carson, Ca show get FIRST pick of the JUST ARRIVED Maya Road chipboard...

It arrived yesterday...ah........FRESH chipboard!

So now...Stampers Anonymous has cool stamps and cool stuff to stamp ON ...all in one convenient location...
all for your shopping pleasure. ha!

And there are LOTS of samples in the booth, to get the ideas flowing.

I bet you know what's coming next...

Have GREAT weekend and...

Make art!
wendy

8 comments:

Sherry Cheever said...

Oh my this is absolutely GORGEOUS! I so want to be able to do this . . . Are you having your own classes at Summer CHA?

Linda M. Cain said...

ADORABLE! Love it to pieces!
L

Elaine said...

You share so much charm with your postings...not only in your project, but the way you talk about them, and the materials...I reading your blog! :)

Kristi B. said...

your project posted here is stinkin' cute as usual! :o) I really want me some of these stamps & grungeboard sheets. I'm just trying to be patient until the stamp show is here. See you next weekend! :o)

Keri Lee Sereika said...

MMMM Meee likey!!!! soooo have you given any more thought to a mini vacay?? Hehe...it is supposed to be 76 here tomorrow...we are going boating! :D

Daisy said...

Can't to see everything at in person at Carson next week. Lovin' your projects, flowers and birds! See you soon!

Leanne said...

Wow, just seen your stuff on the Inspirational blog - congratulations - thought I would come and visit you, your work is absolutely fantastic!!
Leanne :o)
xx

Ali said...

Hi Wendy :) Thanks for all you do! Pics and description were awesome.
Mahalo,
ALi